Send your application by 10th of August 2020. Professional dance companies only.
Kuopio Dance Festival has performances every day during the festival week in all our theaters.
If you want to offer your company / piece to the main program of the festival
1) Get started by visiting our website for the previous festival week program.
You'll get an idea of the festival schedule, program quality, level and main venues:
Kuopio Music Centre www.kuopionmusiikkikeskus.fi (n. 950, for bigger audiences)
Kuopio City Theatre www.kuopionkaupunginteatteri.fi (Minna-stage 450 seats, Maria-stage 212 seats)
Kulttuuriareena 44 www.kulttuuriareena44.fi (Youth Centre, 200 staircase seats, for technically simpler productions)
Other facilities, including churches etc.
2) Make an offer including artistic details, financial and technical terms and conditions:
Make an offer only if your piece can be set up in a short time and your working conditions allow other than normal daytime working hours (the set up starts after the previous evening's performance, set up at evening, night, 1st performance day, normally two performances).
Please note that you should be able to charge without VAT (Kuopio Dance Festival is not required to pay VAT).
The festival has an experienced, efficient and flexible technical team that is able to set up in advance when needed.
List your copyright charges and possible billing organizations.
Link videos / attach other materials.
Tell us other possible performance venues / organizations in Europe during the same tour.
Please notice you are not able to perform in other cities in Finland before the festival.
3) Tell us if your group gets financial support, for example for travel and transportation.
Also in case the visit is planned to be part of the cultural exchange between our countries.
4) Tell us whether the company is a private company or a public non-profit organization, that is funded by public funders and is able to give us a document about that (cities, regions, government, foundations etc.).
5) Tell us if your company´d like to perform in the program free of charge for audience and teach at the workshops as well.
6) Something else you´d like us to know about your company and choreographer.
7) The festival will send company an official invitation when the company is chosen to perform at the festival.
8) The festival prefers to negotiate straight with the company.
Send your proposal with information mentioned above to:
Artistic Director Mr. Riku Lehtopolku: artisticdirector2020(at)kuopiodancefestival.fi or
Festival Director Ms. Anna Pitkänen: anna.pitkanen(at)kuopiodancefestival.fi
52. Festival 15.-21.6.2021
53. Festival 16.-22.6.2022
For dance and music enthusiasts, students etc.
Apply to open stage -program begins 1.12.2019. Kuopio Dance Festival welcomes dance companies, orchestras, choirs, circus-, music- and theatre companies, other enthusiasts, students and professionals to build festival week together.
1. DANCE AND MUSIC AT KUOPIO MARKET SQUARE
wednesday 10.6. – tuesday 16.6. Market square stage (stage size 6 x 9m)
NOTE! Opening ceremony 10.6. programme at 12.00
11.-16.6. at 11.00
2. ELO- FORUM
wednesday 10.- tuesday 16.6.
Kuopio Music Centre Hall of Lights
11.6. at 13.00
12.-14.6. from 13 to 17
Kuopio City Theatre 10. and 11.6. at 17.00 (smaller performances)
Specially for dance and music students
3. FESTIVAL PARADE
13.6. at 10.30 from Kuopio Music Centre to the Market Square
COSTS & ARRANGEMENTS
Make an agreement concerning your performance on time and be ready for several optional days. Festival will provide venue, information, marketing, basic technique, host and other general arrangements. Performers will respond for their own expenses. Apply funding for your costs from your own locality, partners or from other sources. Welcome!
Send your proposal of your performance to: production(at)kuopiodancefestival.fi
52. Festival 15.-21.6.2021